To get better at photography, you need to read widely and explore how other photographers “see” the world through their cameras.
If you see a shot you like, try to understand:
- What exposure settings were used
- What equipment the photographer carried
- What time of day they took the shot.
- What vantage point did the photographer shoot from?
- What was done during the shot and in post-processing?
The best way to learn from other photographers is to head out there and interact with the community.
Here’s a variety of digital photography websites which have helped me over the years. I highly recommend them as starting points for exploring photography further.